Week beginning 16.11.20
This week we are reading and watching 'Winnie the witch'. We are focusing on description of setting and characters. We are encouraging the children to write in simple sentences, rehearsing what they are going to write verbally first.
1. Watch the film about Winnie the Witch
What is the setting? – using clues from the film
Talk about setting – compare to other stories (Room on the Broom)
2. Draw a picture of Winnie's house. Think about what it is like inside and outside. Add labels to parts of the house.
3. Draw a picture of Wilbur the cat and label his features like eyes, nose, legs etc.
4. Use the labels from the previous lesson to verbally compose sentences about Wilbur. Use the 'Tricky word' He to begin the sentences.
5. Watch Korky Paul reading the book in the clip below and then see if any more ideas can be added to the description that was written yesterday. You could write a new description about when Wilbur turned from a black cat to one of many colours.
Week beginning 9.11.20
This week we have been reading the story 'Room on the broom' by Julia Donaldson.
1. Retell the story in your own words.
2. Look at the picture of the dragon.
3. Think of words to describe what he looks like.
4. Write 3 sentences to describe the dragon.